Pages

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Just Call Me Julie McCoy!

Well, that was easy! I just started my very own blog. Why? Because my friends all call me Julie McCoy, as in the Cruise Director from the Love Boat. (If you don't remember the Love Boat then you're probably too young to read this.) I love to plan social outings. Getting people together and making it an event is my favorite thing to do, second to listening to my toddler giggle.

I would love to share with you the experiences I've had, in the hopes of giving you some ideas for fun, festive, traditional and unique things you can do with your friends and family. Or, perhaps I'll help steer you away from something that I've discovered was perhaps not exactly as advertised.

Some quick background on me, I am married, I live in Connecticut and I'm in my late 30's. I have my Masters Degree in Marketing, and I used to work in the tourism industry. I now do freelance PR from home while caring for my 18 month old baby, and I also have two teenage step daughters.

In this blog I'll cover attractions for kids, babies, teen, ladies nights, romantic getaways, special events, theatre, and hopefully give you suggestions for how to get the most bang for your hard-earned buck.

I would love for you to post your own suggestions and feedback, too. So, come aboard!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girlie...cool blog...great idea! I will give props to your latest gathering which was lots of fun this weekend...Steele Magnolias was quite impressive and anyone reading this post should check it out! Love ya...D.B.

    ReplyDelete