Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Haight-Brown Vineyard Harvest Fest - September 19, 2010

http://www.haightvineyards.com/

My husband and I wanted to take a casual stoll outside today, and go somewhere we could take our two year old, too. So we headed to the Harvest Festival at the Haight-Brown Vineyard in Litchfield, CT.

The cost was $8 per person for the festival, which featured jazz musicians playing on the lawn, self-guided tours of the vineyard, and the kids had the opportunity to do some old fashioned grape-stomping. There were a handful of vendors there including Hungarian food, local burgers and keilbasa, local ice cream, fudge, and some crafts, hand made jewelry, soaps and custom wood designs.

If you wanted to taste wines there was an extra $7 charge, and that included a keepsake glass. I opted for purchasing just one $5 glass (cup) of white wine, which had a very nice flavor and was served by a very friendly woman, who was enjoying a glass herself. My kinda gal!

The ride up to the vineyard was beautiful, and the vineyard itself is pretty. The tasting room inside is upstairs and is quite lovely with dark wood, a little bar, items for sale, and again very friendly staff. I enjoyed chicken paprikash from the Hungarian vendor, and my husband ate both a burger and kielbasa from the local vendor, then we sat on the lawn with our daughter and enjoyed the music.

All in all a nice day trip, but I'm still not sure what we paid the $8 for. I wonder if I missed something....?

No comments:

Post a Comment